Andaman and Nicobar Administration
Sub:- Filling up of one post of “Chief Engineer (Civil) Group- ‘A’ Gazetted Non-Ministerial” in the Pay Level- 14 (Rs. 144200-218200) (Pre-revised Pay Scale PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000 + Grade Pay of Rs. 10000/- in the Andaman Public Works Department under Andaman & Nicobar Administration on deputation including short term contract basis.
It is proposed to fill up one post of Chief Engineer (Civil) Group-‘A’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial) carrying the pay level -14 Rs. 144200-218200 in the Andaman Public Works Department under A&N Administration on deputation (ISTC) including short term contract basis.
1. Eligibility Conditions :- Officers under the Central Government/State Government/Semi Government/Autonomous/Statutory Organization/PSUs or Faculty of Universities/Recognized Research Institutions.
a. Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre/department or
i. With 3 years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the scale of pay in PB-4 of Rs. 37400-67000 with GP Rs. 8700/- or equivalent in the parent cadre/department or
ii. With 8 years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the scale of pay in PB-3 of Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 7600/- or equivalent in the parent cadre/department.
b. Possessing the following educational qualification and experience
i. Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.
ii. 15 years of experience in Planning, Designing, Construction and execution of Civil Engineering projects including atleast 2 years of Administrative experience. The departmental officer in the feeder category who is in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, the deputationist shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Regulation of pay and other terms of deputation : –
1. Period of deputation : Period of deputation (ISTC) including period of deputation(ISTC) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed five years.
NOTE 2:- For purposes of appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to the 1st January, 2006 or the date from which the revised pay structure based on the sixth CPC recommendations has been extended shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale extended based on recommendations of the commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that grade pay/ pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any up-gradation.
2. Age Limit : The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (ISTC) shall not be exceeding 56 years on the closing date of receipt of applications.
3. Pay :- During the period of deputation he/she will have the option either to get his/her pay fixed in the deputation post under the normal rules or to draw pay of the post held by him/her in his/her parent department plus deputation (Duty) allowance in accordance with and subject to the conditions, as modified from time to time and such other general or special orders issued by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension (Department of Personnel & Training), New Delhi.
4. Dearness Allowance :- He/she will be entitled to dearness allowance at Central Government rates.
5. Local Allowance :- He/she will be entitled to Special Compensatory Allowance/lSDA as admissible to the Govt. Servants of his/her category serving under the Andaman and Nicobar Administration.
6. Children Education Allowance :- During the period of deputation he/she will be eligible to claim the Children’s Education Allowance from the borrowing department as laid down in DOPT’s OM No. 12011/03/2008-Estt. (Allowance) dated 02.09.2008 as amended/clarified from time to time.
7. Joining Time Pay and Transfer TA :- He/she will be entitled to TA and Joining time both on joining the post on deputation and on reversion there from this Administration under the rules of the borrowing department to which he/she is deputed. The expenditure on this account will be borne by the borrowing department.
8. TA for journey on duty during the period of deputation :- This will be regulated in accordance with the Central Govt. rate.
9. Provident Fund Benefits :- During the period of deputation he/she shall continue to subscribe to the Provident Fund to which he/she is subscribing before he/she is placed on deputation in accordance with the rules of such fund.
10. Extraordinary Pension Gratuity :- He/she will be regulated in accordance with the Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) OM No. 19(23)-EV(A)/64 dated 02.08.1965 as amended from time to time.
11. Leave Travel Concession :- He/she will be entitled to leave travel concession as admissible under the Central Govt. Rules from time to time and the cost there of shall be borne by the borrowing department.
12. Residential Accommodation : Rent free unfurnished residential accommodation or House Rent Allowance in lieu thereof subject to review by the Govt. of India from time to time.
In respect of the service matters not specified above he/she will be governed by the rules, regulation order etc. on the subject as are applicable from time to time to the Govt. Servant of his category serving under the Andaman and Nicobar Administration. The terms and conditions mentioned above are subject to general review.
II. Application alongwith Bio-data (in duplicate) in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I)of the eligible candidates whose services can be spared immediately on selection, together with the certificate from the Forwarding Authority (in proforma Annexure-II) alongwith the following documents:-
1 Integrity certificate.
2. List of major/minor penalties imposed if any, on the official during the last 10 years (if no penalty has been imposed a “Nil” certificate should be enclosed).
3. Vigilance clearance certificate.
4. Attested photocopies of the ACRs/APARs for the last five years (Attested on each page) may be forwarded to the Commissioner-cum-Secretary (PWD), A&N Administration, Secretariat, Port Blair, A&N Islands within 60 days of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar.
5. Application not forwarded through proper channel or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.
III. The candidates who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
IV. The above details are also available on website of A&N Administration www.andaman.gov.in.
Application for the Post of Chief Engineer (Civil) on deputation including short term contract basis in Andaman Public Works Department under Andaman & Nicobar Administration
12. Details of past service, in chronological order (starting from entry in service other than private service). Enclose a separate sheet duly authenticated by your signature, if the space below is insufficient.
Signature of Candidate Full Office Address
Certificate to be furnished by Employer/Head of Office/Forwarding Authority
1. Certified that the particulars furnished by Shri/Smti/Ms are correct and he/she possess educational qualifications and experience mentioned in the vacancy circular.
2. Also certified that :-
(i) There is no vigilance case pending/contemplated against him/her.
(ii) His/her integrity is beyond doubt.
(iii) His/her complete CR dossier/ACRs/APARs for the last five years duly attested (on each page) are enclosed herewith,
(iv) No major/minor penalties have been imposed on him/her during the last 10 years.
(v) List of major/minor penalties imposed on him/her during the last 10 years is enclosed herewith.
(vi) In the event of his/her selection Shri /Ms will be relieved of his/her duties in this office.
(Signature with office seal) Name: Designation: Tel. No.
Statement of Penalties for the last 10 years in respect of
(Signature with office seal) Name: Designation: Tel. No.
Note : Kindly furnish NIL statement if no penalty has been imposed.
37/14/Central Government/Recruitment/Other/Other/Deputation/Other than Delhi