About NABARD Bank Recruitment Exam 2016 :
NABARD Bank Recruitrment Exam 2016 -The exam NABARD/ National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development has been setup by the Reserve Bank of India to take care of the development of cottage, small and village industries in the rural areas of the country. It helps people by promoting integrated development in their respective areas via funds and other services at lower interest rates. The head office of the branch is located in Mumbai, India.
All applications for this exam are done online on the official NABARD website. The notifications for the exam and other details can be found here on the site as well. Once the applications are open, the candidate has to register on the website, pay the applicable fee and apply. Usually, the Preliminary exam is held in May followed by the Mains examination in June.
Posts & Vacancies–
Assistant Manager (Grade –A)
Manager (Grade –B)
Eligibility Criteria –
- When applying for the post of Grade –A:
The candidates needs to have either of the following –
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent grade with minimum 50% marks or,
- Master’s degree or an equivalent with minimum 50% marks or,
- Doctorate or,
- Chartered, Company Secretary, Cost accountant with a Bachelor’s degree, or
- PG diploma in management/ MBA qualified recognized by Government of India, UGC, with Bachelor’s degree.
- When applying for the post of Grade –B:
The candidate needs either of the following –
- First class Master’s degree in Agriculture, Sciences, Fisheries, Dairy Technology, Commerce, Arts, IT, Engineering, Animal husbandry etc. or an equivalent grade of the above with minimum 60% marks or,
- Doctorate or an equivalent to it with minimum 50% marks or,
- Second Class Masters or its equivalent with minimum 55% marks or,
- Chartered/ Company Secretary, Cost Accountant with a Bachelor Degree or,
- PG in management / MBA from Government of India or UGC approved colleges with a Bachelor’s degree.
Age limit and Experience required –
- For the post of Assistant Manager – General category – 21 to 30 years
- Candidates born after 01.02.1986 till 31.01.1995 can apply
- No prior experience is required
- For the post of Manager – General category – 21 to 35 years
- Candidates born after 01.02.1981 till 31.01.1995 can apply
- No prior experience required
Application fee –
The application fee for this exam is as under –
- For General category applying in Grade A – Rs. 750
- For General category applying in Grade B – Rs. 850
- For SC/ST/PWD – Rs. 100
- If a candidate wishes to apply for both these posts then the fees will be paid separately alongwith separate application.
The fee has to be paid online as per the guidelines and no other way of payment is entertained by NABARD.
Exam details and selection process–
To get selected into the NABARD bank one needs to clear all stages of the selection process.
- The first stage is the Preliminary exam which is of 200 marks (with negative marks for each wrong answer ) and it consists of:
- Reasoning – 40 marks
- English – 40 marks
- Computer knowledge – 20 marks
- General Awareness – 20 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 30 marks
- Economic and Social Issues – 25 marks
- Agricultural and Rural Development – 25 marks
The total time to answer all these questions is 2 hours.
- The second stage is the Mains examination which consists of 2 exams for the Assistant Managers and 3 for the Managers. This exam consists of:
- Descriptive English – 100 marks – 1 hour 30 min only
- Economic and Social issues – 100 marks – 1 hour 30 min only
- (Only for managers) Analytical paper on Development Economics, Statistics, Finance and Management. This has objective type questions. – 100 marks – 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The final stage is the Personal interview
Important dates –
For the year 2016 the following were the important dates –
Online Registration – 23rd March 2016 to 20th April 2016
Last date for fees – 20th April 2016
Date of Preliminary exam – 15th May 2016
Date of Mains exam – 5th June 2016
Application Process –
The application process is simple and needs to be filled out online only. No other method of application will be considered for NABARD. Once the online application is filled and the fees is paid, you will receive an admit card. The admit card will hold all the necessary details regarding the time and center allocated for the preliminary exam. A candidate needs to keep in mind that there is negative marking for each wrong answer. Once the candidate makes it to the merit list then he/ she is eligible for the Mains examination.
The Mains exam is subjective in nature and a candidate needs to clear 2 exams if applying for the post of Grade –A and 3 exams if applying for the post of Grade-B. On clearing the cut-off on all exams and making it to the merit list, the candidate will be called for the Personal Interview. On clearing this last stage the candidate will be selected depending upon if he is able to produce and verify all the certificates and degrees as filled during applying for the exam.
A Few Words NABARD Bank Recruitrment Exam 2016 –
NABARD is one of the most important institutions of our country as it looks after the growth and development of the small scale industries including cottage, village and other rural industries. These small industries form an integral part of our economy and a lot of lives and livelihood depends on these as well. The aim of NABARD is to reach out and promote integrated development and it regulates cooperative banks etc.
It has its perks but at the same time you have to work hard towards earning those perks as well. You aren’t usually posted in the rural areas but you will be working with them for their growth, development and upliftment. For the same, you will be posted in the capitals of the states. Prepare well and work hard to crack the NABARD exam because as they say, when you give your best and the best definitely comes back to you!